Thursday, August 25, 2011

youth riots (rap)




The world is going haywire so someone must explain
the reasons for this mayhem and the existential pain
that can breed such animosity for authority and for all
of a capitalist society where double standards rule.

At the top end people make it by just grabbing what they can
but they do it with expense accounts while all we got is our hands
and the bricks of crumbled buildings now warehouses for the dreams that the older generations woke us up from with a scream.

Though the violence isn't right and doesn't solve a fucking thing
I can understand where people come up with this mentality
cause I'm hungry and I'm tired and I don't know what to do
I just spent 50 on an eighth and now I can't afford no food,
but it's the unjust laws and awfully flawed capitalist condition
that keeps riches where they are and the average man wishing
for some things he doesn't need but nonetheless would love to have
and it leads to situations where we break windows and grab:

everything we want is in reach protected by a sheet of glass
and we feel like we have nothing in a world that teaches happiness is measured in material things
and as buildings keep on falling you can point your fucking fingers but remember you're all criminals too and it's gone to far.
we'll recover we'll recover but society's falling.

the rise of social networking means youth are organized.
it's informal there's no leaders just show up in a disguise.
grab your hoody or bandana and be sure to bring a soul
filled with anger and frustration that leaves you in such a hole
that you get swept up in crazy mob mentality
ecstatic violent savage misbehavior
cause you're young and you know you can stand to
make mistakes and take risks cause you still have your ideals.
you have not been made complacent in your own enslavement.
thrills can still drive you to revolt and bring some chaos to the streets.

while I'm sitting watching Brittan I wonder when USA will see something similar or worse
cause we've got bullets to disperse
but I'm curious and know the reasons things are getting worse
and although I'm always peaceful I'm still stealing everyday
I'm a pirate and have been so since around the fourth grade
making music in my bedroom while you pay for mp3s
even stealing from my idols when I download their cds
everything I want I just grab:

everything we want is in reach protected by a sheet of glass
and we feel like we have nothing in a world that teaches happiness is measured in material things
and as buildings keep on falling you can point your fucking fingers but remember you're all criminals too and it's gone to far.
we'll recover we'll recover but society's falling.

No comments:

Followers